An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or a line of credit, which may be less expensive than out standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about the plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices. What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account? We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
* Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
* Automatic bill payments
After August 13, 2010, we will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
* ATM transactions
* Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if First National Bank in Fairfield pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
* We will charge you a fee of $28.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
What if I want First National Bank in Fairfield to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, complete the form below and submit it.
Please place a checkmark in the appropriate boxes below indicating your overdraft preferences: